- Covers all major new software applications, including features and benefits, in detail
- Lists more than 120 companies integral to the social media industry with updated data, products, services, and links
- Includes advanced topics like measuring social media return on investment (ROI) and how to develop and implement the Five Steps to Social Media Success strategy plan
- Includes dozens of social media ROI case studies
- Author is a widely acknowledged social media authority with numerous media appearances and speaking engagements
The Social Media Bible, Second Edition gives you a fully up-to-date toolbox to revamp your marketing strategy and create new opportunities for growth.
The business community wanted something much more comprehensive than just another vertical business book. When we asked the business community what they wanted – they told us “a resource that explains all of this stuff that we’ve been hearing about…” “yeah, what are people talking about with their blogs and tweets anyway?” They just wanted to be part of the conversation, and have someone explain it in their terms.
Thus the Social Media Bible was conceived.
Obviously with a topic as constantly moving as social media, no single person could be the expert on it all. (Not to mention that we couldn’t really claim to be a definitive resource on social media if we didn’t include the community on this one, right?)
We determined the best way to be “the definitive voice” is to let others speak. We spent the better part of a year researching, interviewing, connecting and having conversations with tens of thousands of experts (Lon swears it’s hundreds). Experts from ALL aspects of the movement. Then we began the task of aggregrating and editing thousands of blog posts, vlogs, podcasts, wikis, emails, interviews, presentations, and more – all with permission of course – and all from real life residents of this realm we call social media.
Your Sneak Peak
Topics such as:
PART ONE – The Tactics
Answering all those questions that kept you on the sideline of the conversation. (Not anymore!)
- What’s a blog, a vlog, a podcast?
- What is a “trusted network” and “wisdom of the crowds”?
- What are LinkedIn, MySpace, Flickr, and YouTube?
PART TWO – The Tools
Provides background and business information on the top names in Social Media today.
- Where do I post a video, or a podcast?
- What’s the most used photo-sharing site?
- Which is the best blogging platform for me?
PART THREE – The Strategy
Ties it all together, giving you Five Steps To Social Media Success..
- Step 1: How to determine your existing ROI and Cost Of Customer Acquisition.
- Step 2: How to understand The Trinity Of Social Media; Blogging, Micro-Blogging, and Social Networks
- Step 3: How to successfully integrate your existing marketing with your social media marketing.
- Step 4: How to find all of the resources necessary to develop a successful strategy.
- Step 5: How to implement and measure your new marketing strategy.